Stroke Prevention on Wirral
The film captures insights from local patients, carers and staff describing their experience of stroke prevention services including:
- Experiences of stroke prevention
- Experiences of diagnosis of their risk factor for stroke
- Experiences of support groups
- Impact of being at risk of a stroke on their life
- What matters most
This film was created as part of an Experienced Led Commissioning Project led by Wirral CCG. The project has included 4 events and 13 interviews so far involving patients, staff and carers who are at risk of a stroke, have had a stroke or cared for someone who has had a stroke. This project has identified current experiences of stroke prevention services, what matters most about stroke prevention care and how to improve existing services.
Boehringer Ingelheim have partnered with Wirral CCG by providing financial support and facilitation expertise, to deliver the Experience Led Commissioning programme in stroke prevention.
The ‘Big Picture’ for Wirral is: “Everyone wants the focus on a shift towards primary prevention and lifestyle change.”
The ELC project coordinators and attendees are now developing 4 work streams which will take forward actions to improve the prevention of stroke in Wirral, these are:
- Primary Care e.g. working with your GP Practice
- Workforce Development e.g. working with frontline staff to raise their awareness of risk factors
- Working together Wirral CCG and Public Health e.g. focus on public awareness of stroke prevention and lifestyle change
- Measure What Matters e.g. ensure contracts with health providers reflect the desired outcomes for stroke prevention services
If you would like to get involved with the 4 implementation work streams please contact us via WICCG.InTouch@nhs.net or 0151 651 0011