Skip to main content Help with accessibility Skip to main navigation

Wirral GP practices and local health services open for May bank holiday

If you need medical help this bank holiday (Friday 8 May), the NHS is still here for you.

Everyone should stay home this bank holiday, in line with government guidance.


If you or people you live with don’t have coronavirus symptoms and you think you need advice for a health concern, the following services are available in Wirral:

GP Practices

GP practice services on Friday 8 May will be available. This may be offered by your practice or another nearby service.
Contact your GP practice online or by phone to be assessed. If your practice is not open for any reason you will be directed to another nearby service.

If a face-to-face appointment is necessary, you’ll be advised on this.

Please do not visit your GP practice in person, unless you have been advised to do so.


Community pharmacies

Many community pharmacies will be open for a minimum of three hours between 2pm and 5pm on Friday 8 May with some pharmacies being open longer. Click here for more information or visit the NHS website or your pharmacy’s own website for details.

If you are going into a pharmacy in person, follow social distancing rules and the rules put in place by the pharmacy to protect you and their staff.


Walk-in Centres and Urgent Treatment Centre

The Walk-in Centres (WiC) and Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) have moved to a telephone triage and appointment system only.

Anyone needing to access the Walk-in Centre service should call: 0151 201 4190 (8.00am – 10.00pm)

  • Victoria Central Walk-in Centre & minor injuries, Mill Lane, Wallasey CH44 5UF
  • Urgent Treatment Centre, Arrowe Park Hospital, Arrowe Park Road CH49 5PE
  • Eastham Walk-in Centre, 31 Eastham Rake, Birkenhead CH62 9AN

Anyone needing to access the Minor Injuries/Illness unit should call 0151 652 6077 (8.00am – 10.00pm)

  • Miriam Minor Injuries/Illness Unit, Birkenhead Medical Building, Laird St, Birkenhead CH41 8DB


Urgent dental treatment

NHS dental practices are providing urgent telephone advice and triage.

If you think you need urgent dental treatment, do not go to a dentist.


They can give you advice, help you contact an urgent dental service or arrange treatment if needed.

Do not contact a GP or visit A&E departments with dental problems. They cannot provide dental treatment.


What to do if you need urgent medical help:

If you need urgent medical help, use the regular NHS 111 online service. If you cannot get help online call 111.

If you have a serious or life threatening emergency, call 999