Wirral Dementia Strategy 2019-2022
21 February 2020
Wirral's updated Dementia Strategy 2019-2022 outlines the ambition for dementia care in Wirral for the next four years.
Dementia is a national and local challenge for health and social care. In Wirral, there are currently 5086 people aged 65+ estimated to be living with dementia. This is projected to rise to 7155 people aged 65+ living with dementia by 2035, an increase of 41%. The Wirral Dementia Strategy sets out the strategic vision for improving dementia care in Wirral to ensure that we are able to support people to live well with dementia now and in the years to come.
The strategy is structured around NHS England’s “Well Pathway for Dementia” and outlines the priorities, actions and outcomes we want to achieve in dementia care in Wirral including:
- Reducing the risk of developing dementia
- Timely and accurate dementia diagnosis and care planning
- Improving access to post-diagnostic support for people with dementia and carers
- Helping people to live well with dementia in the community
- Supporting people with dementia and their carers with end of life planning
The Wirral Dementia Strategy has been developed in partnership with people living with dementia, (including carers and families), health and social care professionals and members of the Wirral Dementia Strategy Board.
To read the full Wirral Dementia Strategy 2019-2022, please click here