May bank holiday pharmacy opening hours
02 May 2018
If you’re feeling unwell over the May bank holiday and need urgent advice or treatment from a health professional, there are a number of healthcare options available.
For common illnesses, your local pharmacy will be able to give you advice on over the counter medications. Pharmacists are trained in managing minor illness and can assess symptoms and recommend the best course of treatment or simply provide reassurance, for instance when a minor illness will get better on its own with a few days’ rest. And, if symptoms suggest it’s something more serious, they have the right clinical training to ensure you get the help you need.
Pharmacy opening hours, early May bank holiday 7th May 2018:
Manor Pharmacy, West Kirby, CH47 8XA (0151 632 0070) 14:00-16:00
- LloydsPharmacy, Arrowe Park, Birkenhead CH49 5PE (0151 6776449) 09:00-22:00
- Asda Pharmacy, Birkenhead, CH41 6EB (0151 5521110) 09:00-18:00
- Tesco Pharmacy, Heswall, CH60 7SL (0345 0700081) 09:00-18:00
- Asda Pharmacy, (Seaview Road) Wallasey, CH45 4NZ (0151 6389491) 09:00-18:00
- Tesco Pharmacy, Birkenhead, CH43 7AA (0345 6779053) 09:00-18:00
- Asda Pharmacy (Woodchurch Road) Upton CH49 5PD (0151 522 7710) 09:00-18:00
- Hub Pharmacy (Tranmere) Birkenhead CH420LQ (0151 601 3132) 09:00-22:00
- Hub Pharmacy (Thingwall) Heswall CH49 5PL (0151 601 3101) 09:00-19:00
- Asda Pharmacy (Croft Business Park) Bromborough CH62 3QP (0151 346 2510) 09:00-18:00
- Morrisons Pharmacy (West Kirby) CH48 0QA (0151 625 8094) 10:00-16:00
- Lloyds Pharmacy (Upton Sainsburys) Greasby CH49 6QG (0151 6041211) 09:00-19:00
You can ring NHS 111 at any time for urgent health care advice or more information on where to get treatment if you’re not sure where to go. NHS 111 will assess your symptoms and give you advice. This might be:
- Speaking to a nurse over the phone for advice
- Arranging an urgent prescription at a pharmacy
- Directing you to the GP Out of Hours Service
- Directing you to out of hours dentist
- Directing you to a Walk in Centre or Minor Injury Service
Urgent GP Appointments
During normal working days, you should contact your GP practice as usual. When your practice is closed for the Bank Holiday weekend, you can get an appointment at Arrowe Park Walk-In Centre by phoning NHS 111 or at Miriam Minor Injury and Illness Unit by calling 0151 652 6077 between 10am-6pm. Outside of these hours, phone NHS 111.
Walk in Centres and Minor Injuries and Illness Services
Wirral’s NHS Walk in centres are also open during the bank holiday weekend offering treatment and advice on a range of minor illnesses and injuries such as infections and rashes, fractures, minor cuts and bruises and burns and strains. You do not need an appointment.