Healthy Wirral is the initiative designed to encourage re-shaping of health services and social care in Wirral, whilst supporting you to take more responsibility for looking after your own health. Over the next 20 years, the number of people aged over 85 will more than double, leading to increased volumes of people with multiple and long term conditions. To support the local Wirral community in achieving its goals, this initiative will support transformation of GP, primary care, community health, hospital and social care services in Wirral. It will mean:
- Community based health services (eg access to GPs, community nurses and social workers) seven days a week
- More services currently delivered within the hospital setting to be delivered within the community, by consultant led teams
- Health and social care professionals working together with patients who have ongoing needs: one assessment, one care plan, one key coordinator
- Specialist in-patient hospital care for those that need it
- Support for people to look after themselves and stay healthy
This work is being delivered in partnership with Wirral Clinical Commissioning Group, Wirral Council, Cheshire & Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Wirral Community NHS Trust and Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.