COVID-19 vaccination walk-in clinics
COVID-19 vaccination centres in Wirral are now running walk-in clinics to make it easier and more convenient than ever for people who haven’t had the first dose of their vaccine yet, to come forward and be vaccinated.
The clinics are open to all adults age 18 and over. If you've already been invited for your vaccine, but didn't come forward for whatever reason, it's not too late, simply come along to one of the clinics running below - no appointment needed.
People who already have an appointment at one of the clinics offering walk-in vaccines should still attend at their timed slot and they will receive their vaccine as planned.
Clinic venues, times and dates are listed below:
Birkenhead Medical Building, 31 Laird St, Birkenhead, CH41 8DB
Monday to Saturday 9am-4pm
Staying open late till 6.30pm on a Tuesday and Thursday
Woodchurch Leisure Centre, Carr Bridge Road, Birkenhead, CH49 8EU
Friday 23 July - 2pm-6pm - Pfizer
Sunday 25 July - 9am-1pm - AZ second dose
The Oval Leisure Centre, Old Chester road, Bebington CH63 7LF
Saturday 24 July - 8:30am-12:30pm
Saturday 31 July - 8:30am-12:30pm
Tranmere Rovers Family Open Day, Prenton Park
Sunday 25 July - 12pm-4pm
Clatterbridge Vaccination Centre
Monday 26 July or Tuesday 27 July - 9 am - 4.45 pm
1st and 2nd doses of Pfizer and AZ available
- Vaccines are available to anyone aged 17 years 9 months or over
- Minimum 8 weeks between first and second dose
- Vaccines will be given on a first come, first served basis
- Anyone who receives a vaccine on the day will be contacted a later date to be offered an appointment for their second dose at the same site
- The clinic might end early if all available vaccines have been administered
- People may be required to queue
- People don’t need to take anything with them but they will be asked to confirm their name; date of birth and address. If they know their NHS number, that’s a bonus – to find this they can use the Find My NHS Number tool
Anyone not able to attend a drop in clinic can book their vaccination appointment in one of the following ways:
Call 119 or visit https://www.nhs.uk/CovidVaccination to book an appointment at Clatterbridge Vaccination Centre or one of the region’s mass vaccination centres
Wait to be invited by their GP practice for an appointment at a local GP-led vaccination centre.